Tensten's Journal

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Jury Duty

Today's jury duty was a bit of a fizzle. 3 cases out of 11 ended up calling for jurors, utilizing less than 30% of us. So it ended up being a long day of alternately glaring at the broken coffee vending machine and the sign barring jurors from leaving the waiting room. Come the end of the day, my headache had billowed into thunderstorm proportions. This dependence on caffeine makes me suspect that I would have a tough time attempting to scratch out a frontier existence. When the revolution comes, they may as well shoot me first, for all the good I'll be in a place that no longer imports freshly roasted coffee beans.

One day/one trial, they said, so I'm off the hook now. That's for petit court, mostly criminal cases. Near us was housed an opaqued room where the grand jurors convened. Apparently that stint goes for a solid month. Makes me wonder how they pick the poor slobs for that duty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home